Environmental Policy Statement for Millards Office & Window Cleaning
All businesses have an impact on the world and we at Millards recognise that we a have a duty of care in the delivery of the various services that we provide.
Millards Cleaning specialises in office cleaning including communal area, carpet cleaning, hard floor,janitorial supplies,and feminine hygiene And in Window cleaning including; platform cleaning, truck mounted platforms, boom and scissor lifts, aerial hydraulic platform, articulated boom, telescopic booms, scissor lift, reach and wash, rope access and cradle window cleaning. We operate primarily in the central London area and within the North and South Circulars. Our client base consists primarily of businesses in the following sectors, Film & Media, Financial Services, Legal Services and the Public Sector.
We are committed to minimising the use of resources and achieving the smallest impact of our company’s operations in the world. Our approach is segmented into two distinct areas – internally to the operating format of the company and externally to our client and other agencies that we interact with, in carrying out our operations. Our key impacts arise from the electricity we use in our premises and the fuel we use for our company cars.
To achieve our environmental objectives we will:
- Reduce our carbon footprint by 5% in the first year of our carbon reduction programme.
- Use electric vans for all of our cleaning services.
- Promote the use of our company bicycle.
- Ensure that 80% of contracts are within a 20 minute walk of the office.
- Recruiting suitable staff who live nearest to the contract.
- Use of biodegradable and recycled products.
- Use of materials such as microfiber cloths to reduce chemical usage.
- Use of equipment such as flat mopping systems to reduce water and chemical usage.
- Reduce office paper usage by holding documents in digital files and duplex printing where paper documents are required.
In co-operation with our current clients we will:
- Ensure efficient work flow of operations.
- Minimise use of lighting on the contract.
- Maximise retention of heat within the building in winter by closure of windows and doors.
- Maximise loading of waste sacks up to the safe limit.
- Remove paper hand towels from containers and placed uncontained on a surface – reduces usage by picking one at time rather than a hand full.
- Reduce waste bin sizes – promotes less usage of paper.
- Our Environmental Policy will be reviewed annually. A full annual review will take place along side quarterly reviews of our carbon reduction action plan.
Managing Director Date 1st November 2017